Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Things I Do to Get Across the Finish Line


Here is an overview of today's episode.

00:00--Intro

00:18--It's Pride Month! This week's question is "What are your thoughts about writing diversity?"

05:42--How I get across the finish line.

06:32--We're having a special at the end of the month with my friend Whitney, and it's going to be about the benefit of Bookstagram in promoting books!

06:57--8 Practices. These are not recommendations, simply what I do.

08:01--Set goals and deadlines so progress can be measured.

09:05--Develop a routine and prioritize that routine.

09:51--Stretches, because keyboarding is hard on the body.

10:35--Progressively improve my word count. Before I was only capable of about 500 words; now I'm up to 2k and counting.

12:20--Eating healthy food made at home and getting enough sleep.

13:45--Read. A way to improve writing is to see how others are doing it.

14:37--Know when to throw your goals out the window, and create a bare minimum goal. For me, it's two shitty pages. That is achievable every day.

18:26--Try new ways to get things done, and let it be okay if those things don't work. This gives you more possible ways to accomplish your goals.

20:55--Book reviews. The first book is Beartown. Here is the link.

Amazon US

The second book is Us Against You. Both of these are by Fredrik Backman.

Amazon US

Be sure to leave a review, and follow me on Instagram @authordevindavis.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment